SPACE is honored to award fifteen grants in its seventh year of administering the Kindling Fund, ten $5000 Program Support Grants, and five smaller Research and Development Grants across the state of Maine. Excitingly, all of our 2022 grantees are first-time awardees, demonstrating the ongoing proliferation of dynamic collaborative contemporary art throughout the state, even during the pandemic.
The Kindling Fund supports inventive, artist-organized initiatives that engage the public and the visual arts in new and meaningful ways. The funded projects below value risk, experimentation, unconventional engagement, critical dialogue, and sustaining artistic opportunity for creative peers. Each of these projects is making opportunities for more than one artist and is the creative labor of a group of artists beyond the individual grantee listed.
2022 Program Support Grantees
- Sofia Aldino (South Portland)
- Hannah Coleman (South Portland)
- Heather Lyon (Blue Hill)
- Itzel-Marine Gourmelon (Orland)
- Genius Black (South Portland)
- Loquat (Portland)
- Heather Flor Cron with Presente Maine (Portland/Greene)
- Ryan and Rachel Adams (Portland)
- Staycation Collective (Rockland)
- Tender Table Maine(Westbrook/Waterville/Statewide)
2022 Research and Development Grantees
- Amelia Garretson-Persons (South Portland)
- Gabriel Chalfin-Piney (Waterville)
- Alejandro Graciano (Saco)
- Turtle Dance Co-Op (Lubec)
- Josie Colt (Portland/statewide)
For more details visit SPACE Reader.