The Idea Fund is thrilled to announce the selection of 12 projects by Houston-based artists to receive $5,000 each for The Idea Fund’s Round 15 (2021) grant cycle.
Grantees will present their projects to the public at the 2022 Virtual Idea Fund Award Presentation hosted online by Project Row Houses, on Feb 2, 2022, 7:00 PM CDT.
Round 15 grant recipients are as follows:
- Francis Almendárez & Mary Montenegro
- Felicia Johnson
- Sindhu Thirumalaisamy
- Fred Schmidt-Arenales
- Manuel Alejandro Rodríguez-Delgado
- Reyes Ramirez
- Kemi OG
- 3 of Cups (Aveda Adara, Emilý Æyer, Hugo Pérez, Kelly Johnson, and Philip Karjeker)
- Collective Artists in Solidarity with Palestine & The Palestinian Youth Movement
- Found Me (Matthew Ramirez & Anthony Obi)
- Fair Housing Defenders (Sasha Marshall Smith & Melissa Diaz).
Learn more about the Round 15 Grant Winner projects here.
The Idea Fund Round 15 marks 13 years of grants to artists in the Greater Houston Area. Since its inception, The Idea Fund has supported 145 visual art projects involving over 493 artists and collectives.
Round 15 saw a diverse pool of applicants from 4 Houston-area counties – Brazoria, Fort Bend, Galveston, and Harris with 87% self-identifying as being a person of color, 57% as female, 39% as male, 13% as non-binary/gender nonconforming, 26% as LGBTQIAP+ and 13% as disabled. Of the 108 applicants, 61% were first time applicants.